The 14 Principles Management are the essential, underlying factors that type the foundations of eminent management. Per Henri Fayol, in his book General and Industrial Management (1916), there are ’14 Principles Management’. It is one type of Strategic Management.
14 Principles Management of Henri Fayol
There have included basic principles of management introduced by Jules Henri Fayol, popularized as Henri Fayol. Such as:-
- Division of labor is the first principle of 14 Principles Management. Per this principle, the complete work split into tiny tasks. The specialization of the workforce per the abilities of someone, making specific personal and skilled development at intervals the labor force and increasing productivity, ends up in a specialization that will increase the potency of labor.
- Authority and Responsibility can be the difficulty of commands, followed by responsibility for his or her consequences. Authority suggests that superior convey enhance order to his subordinates; guilt implies that obligation for performance.
- Discipline obedient, corrects conduct in relevancy others, respects of authority, etc. it’s essential for all organizations’ smooth functioning.
- Unity of Command principle states that every subordinate ought to receive orders and be responsible for 1 and only one superior. If an associate degree worker receives requests from quite one superior, it’s doubtless to form confusion and conflict.
- Unity of Direction ought to be dose one cluster, and there ought to be one arrange of action for them; additionally, they ought to be underneath the management of one manager.
- Subordination of Individual Interest to Mutual Interest: The management should overlook personal issues and place company objectives first. So the interests of the goals of the organization should prevail over the non-public interests of people.
- Remuneration: Staff should pay sufficiently as this can be a chief motivation of workers and dramatically influences productivity. The quantum and remuneration collectible strategies ought to be honest, affordable, and bounties of effort.
- The Degree of Centralization: The number of power wielded by central management depends on company size. Centralization implies the concentration of deciding authority at the highest management.
- Line of Authority/Scalar Chain refers to superiors’ chain starting from high management to all-time low rank. The principle suggests that there ought to be a clear line of authority from top to bottom, linking all managers in the slightest degree levels.
- The order ensures the fluid operation of a corporation through an authoritative procedure. Material order ensures safety and potency within the geographic point. Order ought to be acceptable and underneath the principles of the corporate.
- Equity: Workers should treat kindly and should enact to make sure a just geographic point. Managers ought, to be honest and impartial once handling workers, giving equal attention to all workers.
- Stability of Tenure of Personnel could be a principle stating that so as for a company to run swimmingly, staff should not often enter and exit the organization. [Read more: POSDCORD]
- Initiative – Victimization, the initiative of workers, will add strength and new concepts to a company. An initiative on the part of workers could be a supply of strength for the organization. As a result, it provides new and higher ideas. Workers are doubtless to require enormous interest within the functioning of the organization.
- Finally, Liveliness American state Corps/Team Spirit refers to managers’ requirement to make sure and develop morale within the workplace; on an individual basis and communally. Brotherly love helps create an environment of mutual trust and understanding. Brotherly love helps to end the task on time. These are the 14 Principles Management.
Read more: 6 Steps of the Risk Management Process
Slides of the 14 Principles of Management
Check the following slide. There is shown the full concept of the 14 Principles of Management for better understanding. Such as:-